Telegram is a messaging application that supports instant messaging, sharing of stickers, GIFs, and photos, supports video editing, group chats that can go all the way up to 200,000 people. It’s also completely free and doesn’t contain ads. It also has a web version.
According to the latest news, Telegram has reaches 500 million active users in the first week of January 2021. In just past 72 hours, more than 25 million new users around the world joined Telegram.
These new Telegram users came from 38% from Asia, 27% from Europe, 21% from Latin America and8% from MENA. This is a significant change in the number of users as compared to last year’s number, whine 1.5M new users signed up every day.
With 50+ Million active users, Telegram has become the largest platform for communication with committed privacy and security. For users seeking for platform committed to privacy and security, Telegram is the best choice.
Over the last 7 years, Telegram has protected the private data of people all over the world and redefined what a messaging app can do.
Here are some Telegram features:
- Editing messages
- Sending documents and videos up to 2GB
- Deleting messages without a trace
- Native desktop and tablet apps
- Multiple accounts and Chat folders
- Usernames instead of phone numbers
- Granular privacy settings
- Group chats of up to 200,000 members
- Admin tools and stats for group owners
- Voice Chats for up to 5,000 participants
- 20,000+ high-quality Animated stickers
- Custom Color Themes like Retro
- Video messages
- One-to-many channels
- Video editing tools
- API and Bot platform for developers
- Programmed emoji
- Disappearing photos or videos
- Self-Destructing end-to-end encrypted Chats
- Partial selection for messages
- Scheduled and silent messages
- Pinned messages and polls
- Persistent chat history
- Saved Messages and Drafts
- Encrypted Voice and Video Calls
The post Telegram surpasses 500 million active users amid WhatsApp’s policy change appeared first on Huawei Central.